Juventus central defender Leonardo Bonucci spoke to media a little over 24 hours ahead of the highest profile game in his career: the Champions League final in Berlin that pits the bianconeri against Barcelona
Hours after landing in Berlin the Juventus boss, his shotstopper Gianluigi Buffon, and central defender Leonardo Bonucci held the ritualistic press conference ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League final in Berlin where the Serie A champions will vie for Europe’s ultimate prize against the blaugrana from the Catalan capital (20:45 CET). Here is what Bonucci said, as reported by TuttoJuve.com:
An English newspaper quoted this Barcelona attack as the best in history. I’m wondering if this calls for your garlic pills – fact of fiction?
“The garlic pills are part of a particular diet that I follow. It helps me keep healthy, given that I play so often. We’ve advanced to the final thanks to a formidable group. Tomorrow’s match won’t pit Juventus’ defence against Barcelona’s offence, which is very strong. Our match against Dortmund struck a chord in us and gave us the necessary self confidence. For this reason we’re here.”
The entire planet considers Barcelona as favourites. How do you think this game can end?
“We’ve arrived here knowing that we’re a step below, but we have the self-confidence that in a one-game test match the differences are diminished. It’s up to us to fight for every ball and to show that Juventus is not here to be a sacrificial victim.”
Does your way of playing change with Barzagli? How would you define him as a defender?
“My game doesn’t change. A fellow defender doesn’t change the way I play. I’ve been described as a player with personality and I want to show this tomorrow. Barzagli, albeit he’s had an unlucky season, is one of the best in the world. He has physical and technical qualities and is hard to get by in a one-on-one situation.”
Today the fans have said that you will score the decisive goal. What would you be willing to do in order to achieve that?
“I believe that I can be important to this match like I have been all season. But a single player will not win this match. If I win I promised my wife and my friends something that I prefer to keep to myself at this moment.”
Thirty years after the Heysel disaster you’re in the Champions League final. Does this spur yo on further? Barca has given up very few goals. Where will the match be decided?
“Remembering this tragedy spurs us on further to win this Champions League, in order to dedicate it to those who lost their lives in order to achieve a dream. Barcelona is not only their strikeforce, they’ve only allowed 21 goals in La Liga: they know how to defend. We will have to win the match in the midfield. There we can make a difference in terms of physical play.”
Is Chiellini’s injury a heavy loss?
“It’s an important one, makes things that much harder. Typical of Italian character, we pull out the best of ourselves in difficult moments, we’ve worked well and want to dedicate also to him this dream that he worked so hard to achieve.”
To play against Messi, Suarez and Neymar will force you to give up some of your plays. What did you children ask you?
“Lorenzo asked me ‘daddy, where are you going?’ and I said ‘Berlino’, and he answered ‘but daddy I want to go to the beach’. I told him that on Sunday he’ll go to the beach with mommy and that I will give him a nice gift.”
The post Bonucci: “We would like to dedicate the cup to the victims of the Heysel tragedy” appeared first on Italian Football Daily.
from Italian Football Daily http://ift.tt/1FCn6OD
via IFTTT berita selengkapnya Follow @jadwalliga