Senin, 18 Mei 2015

Milan, Inzaghi “Two debatable incidents went against us”

Pippo Inzaghi lamented his club’s loss to Sassuolo, blaming the referee decisions which affected the outcome of the match.

Excerpt of post-match comments courtesy of acmilan.com

“It is hard to comment on today’s match, with two debatable incidents that went against us. Sassuolo are an excellent team and we played very well. We reacted well, but then Bonaventura was sent off for a second yellow card. The second yellow card was dubious while I don’t think he deserved the first booking. I am disappointed because Sassuolo played an excellent match but on a day like today it becomes hard to talk about football and I am angry about this. We have played well in the past 3 matches, we’ve dominated, but I am disappointed because just like the Napoli match we were penalised a bit too much again. I am sorry because everything that happened is hard to explain.”

“I have to look forward, I have a contract with Milan and it’s up to me to keep hold of this position. It’s been a complicated season, I often speak to the President and I will move forward by giving my all and then we shall see what happens. I know about the respect towards me, but I was given a great chance to coach Milan, the team of my dreams, and I will try and keep a tight hold of this position.”

“I have grown a lot and I will do this job for a long time and I hope to do it here at Milan. The last red card that we deserved was the one given to Menez. De Sciglio’s was not a red-card and the one on Bonaventura is very debatable while with Suso the officials could have closed an eye, it didn’t seem to me to be a ‘leg-breaking’ challenge. It’s not easy to stay calm when you know you have been penalised. I am sorry because the match officials have a tough job and with technology they can be helped.”

“We were missing two first team wing-backs today and so we had to put a centre-back out in that position (Bonera), but I do not think that was the problem. We knew that Sassuolo would be dangerous on the counter-attack, but after conceding two goals like that it’s not easy. I brought on El Shaarawy because I wanted to win the match and I think the team deserved to. Because of the 15 injuries, I was forced to change the formation and rotate players and this caused us to lose our identity. The desire was there today and before Bonaventura was sent off, I thought we could have taken the lead. I will give my absolute all for this club while I am given the chance and then we shall see.”

The post Milan, Inzaghi “Two debatable incidents went against us” appeared first on Italian Football Daily.



from Italian Football Daily http://ift.tt/1A9YHEb
via IFTTT berita selengkapnya